Monday, September 21, 2009

Nostalgia et Happiness

Bittersweet nostalgia stop time for me. Always? My facade. Cauterize this gash, meat hook sliced like no other. Grandiose. Fluid movements halted by the drop of the leaf, the fall. You can only wander so far. Brother. How can we do this? Where do we go? What do we do?...

Its all on you she said. Dashing, that's what I was afraid of. The mind is an entity. It puts on its own shoes. Strolled down the lake, mesmerizing. Ancient beauty draped in the shag of emptiness. Beauty reflected upon the crash of the cosmos, this primal lucidity is the key. Black as the mirror of the night, spit out the nautilus. A rash gesture one might ask. Blasphemy. Hands. Don't reach for me again. Don't drag me down. Leave me be. Cut the conjoining strands of the solitary. I am here now. Black

1 comment:

  1. how about a little Robert Service.

    ... Were you ever out in the Great Alone
    When the moon was awful clear,
    and the icy mountains hemmed you in
    with a silence you most could hear?

    With only the howl of a timber wolf
    as you camped out there in the cold
    a half-dead thing in a stark, dead world
    clean mad for the muck called Gold.

    ReplyDelete